Topo call it a Mountain Briefcase. We'd call it a Messenger Bag. Whatever you call it, this is the Swiss Army Knife of the luggage world. It's 3 way carry system works as:
- an over the shoulder messenger, perfect for hurtling around town
- a backpack, for when it's fully loaded and you have distance to cover
- a two handled briefcase, to sport alongside your Bowler and umbrellla
Inside, you'll find the trademark pop of a bright yellow liner, plus a padded laptop sleeve and a pair of organiser pockets: one zipped, one slip. Plus a full face zipped pocket on the outside, underside compression straps, and Topo's other trademark feature: natural leather gear tabs. We are yet to see one with a rolled up Thermarest attached, but someone must have done it!
As if the durable 1000d Cordura wasn't robust enough, the Navy/Leather version features beautiful tan natural leather along the bottom and sides. This will develop a perfect patina over the years of use you get from your Briefcase, with the odd scuff reminding you of that time you had to jump out the way for the speeding rickshaw.
Finally, a word about Topo Designs. All their lines are stitched together in a LEED certified factory nestled at the foot of the Rockies, in Denver Colorado. “We use or wear everything we make all the time,” says founder Jedd Rose. They might not look out of place alongside the packs in Urban Outfitters, but they have the outdoors flowing through their veins, just like you good reader.
- padded laptop sleeve with hook and loo closure (fits most 15” laptops)
- removable shoulder strap
- stowable backpack straps
- carry handles
- exterior zippered storage pocket and small interior pockets for organization
- heavy duty plastic hardware and YKK zippers
- natural leather lash tabs
- Travel Bag attachment loops
- made in USA